понедельник, 25 марта 2019 г.

My Semester in Greece Essay -- How Education Has Changed My Life

I had so many experiences that I feel as though I lived an entire chapter of my life in Greece.   My adventure began in capital of Greece. I took a three week class entitled Discoering quaint Athens on Site. The professor was excellent, and I was open to visit rough of the virtually important historical sites in the western world. Imagine sightedness a machine used to allot fair and impartial juries over two thousand years ago. Or standing in the direction in which Socrates drank hemlock to end his life. The foundations of western society, both governmental and cultural, were placed in ancient Greece. I am very curious in the governmental and economic structures in the world today, and I found canvass ancient Greece to be helpful in understanding the world as it is today.   In addition to studying ancient Greece, donjon in Athens for three weeks is also an immersion into modern Greek culture. One of the first gear things that struck me about Athens (and in fact, i n all of the travelling that I have done) is the pollution. I have heard that Athens is considered the most polluted city in the world. I would be surprised if on that point is a more polluted city on earth. I was some depressed when I could not seethe sun on a cloudless sunny day.   Aside from the pollution, I loved Athens. I provide discuss Greek culture later, but it is worth a notice notwithstanding in Athens (as are the clubs). The daily life in Athens is ... ...ance to the junta, and todays life in Greece. She had seen friends executed by German soldiers, and she is living today simply because a friend did not speak even under terrible tortures. Along with Maya Angelou, she is perhaps the most dignified cleaning lady I have ever met.   After my time on Paros, I spent three weeks with a family on the island Kephalonia. My family has lived on this island for over a thousand years. I am incredibly proud to be Greek, and I feel that my experience this summer has ma de me a richer person able to contribute more to the world. I feel that I have attached with my past and my history, which in turn makes me better able to see the early consequences of my actions.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий